Whether you are an investor looking to rehab a property or a homeowner searching for options when facing foreclosure, The HR Group is the premier Dallas area remodeling and real estate service provider.
- Familiarize yourself with the area and the predominant listing agents.
- Decide whether you want to rent or sell depending on the neighborhood and market.
- Start building a team – Lender, Real Estate Agent, Contractor, Insurance Agent, etc.
- Start putting together the numbers and calculating expected costs and ROI.
- Don’t be scared to walk away. If the deal isn’t there, don’t force it.
Offer Accepted? Contact The HR Group
- Contact The HR Group as soon as your offer on a property is accepted.
- Contact your inspector, lender and agent; get a copy of the inspection report to us for review including the expected closing date.
- Make sure utilities are turned on during inspections or as soon as closing happens.
- Review your written estimate and make revisions if needed.
- Schedule a pre-construction walk-through with your project manager for any last minute revisions.
- Confirm final revisions and sign off on the estimate.
Let the Process Begin
- Finalize the project start date and prepare for us to transform your property.
- We will keep you updated on all progress and be available any time for questions or changes.
- As the project nears completion, finalize details with your agent and lender.
The first option is for The HR Group to buy your house, CASH! One of our trained specialists will come out to your property and provide a free assessment.
The second option is TERMS. This simply means that The HR Group will assess your current loan situation and determine solutions that work in your best interest. Such solutions may include a deed for contract, or simply taking over the note at no cost to you.
By choosing one of these options, you are helping to protect your credit. Foreclosures and other negative judgments against your credit can have devastating consequences, so it is essential to keep it as clean as possible. To avoid a potentially disastrous situation, please act now! The HR Group can help.
Contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.
All of our estimates are free of charge. These are critical in establishing trust and building a relationships with our clients; things we pride ourselves on being the best in the area.
Prior to starting the rehab, you will be set up on Draw (payment) schedule. The draw schedule is based on the estimated time it will take to complete the rehab. Payments are divided equally over this period of time, with one payment due weekly.
Your first draw is due approximately 2 days before the rehab begins. Keep in mind that your lender will only pay a draw on completed work, so this will require you to pay at least 1-2 draw payments out of pocket before your lender will processes a reimbursement payment to you.
Partial or full in-house financing is available for those who qualify, but will need to be set up in advance. Make sure to ask about this option early in the estimating process.
Start dates are not issued until you have signed and returned your approval of the final revisions to your estimate. Depending on the season, a start date is typically 5-7 days after your signed approval of the estimate is received in our office.
It depends on the lender. Most can, but we will require a release of liability document on file. Lender pay must be worked out early-on. If not, it could delay your start date while necessary paperwork is being processed. Also remember that your lender will only pay a draw on completed work that has been inspected, so you will still have at least 1-2 draw payments out-of-pocket before the lender will begin processing payments.
Unfortunately, we only work on unoccupied properties for real estate investors. Our only exception is warranty or service work on tenant-occupied properties that we previously rehabbed.
Yes, but there is a 3% processing fee added by the credit card companies.
Yes, we have clients across the U.S, and as far away as Canada, Mexico and Germany, with whom we work with on a regular basis.